The Tip size on this cane is 18 or 22 mm. This canes comes with a tip installed.
Made of natural blackthorn wood, this walking cane perfectly displays the Irish culture and heritage passed down for generations. This walking cane brings the natural beauty of nature right into your own home. Using the blackthorn wood as a walking aide originated in the 1800's and after years of grooming the wood will still look natural and fresh. The smooth finished maple derby handle is flawless and is easy to grip making the use of this cane comfortable, yet stylish. Also, the sophisticated handle and the natural state of the shaft can definitely be accepted in the workplace or for sport. The blackthorn shaft is in its natural state with the bark and its natural imperfections. The shaft has a clear coat to protect the bark and wood from weather element damage. The elegant brass ring collar that separates the maple wood handle from the shaft adds a perfect touch, making this walking cane both sophisticated and rustic.
- Made of genuine Irish Blackthorn wood
- Stylish brass collar
- Imported from England
- Comes installed with complimentary high-quality rubber tip
The Fashionable Difference
- Free Same Day Cane Sizing
- 6 Month Limited Warranty*
- Low Prices & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Service w/ Live Phone Support
- 23+ Years in Business
- SKU: 70121
- Rubber Tip Installed: 18 or 22mm
- Length: 36.5 Inches
- Max User Weight: 250 Pounds
- Max User Height: 5'11" Approx.
- Max Size: 36 Inches
- The Tip size on this cane is 18 or 22mm. This cane comes with a tip installed. If you need additional tips please go Here.
Cane Sizing Information
The "Standard Size"for this cane is "36.5 Inches". This is the maximum length that this cane can be sold.
The Approximate Maximum User Height for this cane is 6'0".
For the most accurate cane length measurement, choose 1 of the 3 options below:
Find Your Proper Cane Height and Length for Better Stability
- WE OFFER FREE CANE SIZING WITH ANY ORDER.
- (Canes cut from their original size will incur a 30% restocking fee if returned)
How to Determine Cane Size When Buying a Cane
There are several ways to determine what your cane length should be--even if the user is not available to measure. Choose 1 of these 3 easy methods of cane sizing before placing your order.
1. How to Determine Cane Size When Buying a Cane
Simply take an existing cane, and measure from the lowest part of the top of the handle to the bottom of the tip. Round up to the nearest half inch. (see Diagram A)
2. Measure the Cane User
- Have the user put on their walking shoes.
- User should stand naturally upright as much as possible.
- Let their arms fall to the sides naturally with a normal relaxed bend at the elbow. (see Diagram A for correct posture)
- Using a tape measure or yard stick, measure the distance from their wrist joint (bottom crease at the wrist) down to the floor. Round up to the nearest half inch.
(**For accurate length a second person must read measurement to prevent wrist from moving)
3. Measure Half the Height of the User
If the user is not available or does not have an existing cane, use this method.
Although this works for most cane users it is not always exact. Choose this option at your own risk, and remember a 30% restocking fee applies to all returned cut canes.
Most users cane measurements will be within one inch of half the users height.
- Convert height into inches: Example user height is 5'6" which is 66 inches. 66 divided in half = 33 inches (always round up to the nearest half inch).
- Add half an inch to this measurement to get 33.5 inches.
- After receiving product use step #2 to confirm and change size if needed.
The estimated cane length would be 33.5 inches for the above example.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IN NO WAY REPLACES A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL'S RECOMMENDATION. CANES ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE USED LIKE A CRUTCH FOR FULL WEIGHT SUPPORT, CANES ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR BALANCE.
Sizing is a free courtesy. In most cases, sized canes will ship the same day. Although we strive to cut the cane to the exact requested measurement, cane handle shapes and cane shaft variations will make the cut length vary up to 1/4” in length from requested size. Please keep in mind that most canes can be cut easily at home. Please contact customer service to be sure your cane is able to be custom sized or for more instructions. Please always check the item upon delivery to confirm the requested size. Canes can always be shortened but may not be lengthened. Please note* There are some walking canes that come to us with custom tips that are built into the cane. If these cane's are sized (cut), we cannot replace the original cane tip and will use our standard black rubber cane tip.
Cane Sizing Information
The fashionable difference
As a family-owned business since 1999, we take pride in providing super easy exchanges and returns, ensuring customer satisfaction at every step. With a commitment to delivering high-quality products and unbeatable prices, we strive to create a positive shopping experience for all our valued customers.
6 Month Limited Warranty*
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Customer Service w/ Live Phone Support
Lowest Price Guarantee
Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligible
Are you ready to step out in style?
- Pick Your Perfect Cane
- Unbox Happiness
- Walk With Pride
Classic Canes, born from a legacy of craftsmanship, embodies timeless elegance. Since 1982, we have blended tradition with innovation, creating exquisite canes that elevate every stride. With meticulous attention to detail and finest materials, Classic Canes stand as a symbol of refined style, grace, and unwavering quality.
Join our Fashionable Family and and be a part of our community of style #fashionablecanes
Frequently Asked Questions
- Put on your walking shoes.
- Stand naturally upright as much as possible.
- Let your arms fall to your sides naturally with a normal relaxed bend at the elbow.
- Using a tape measure or yard stick, measure the distance from your wrist joint (bottom crease at the wrist) down to the floor. Round up to the nearest half inch.
Simply check the Free Optional Same Day Custom Sizing check box above the "Add to Cart Now" button and select which length you would like, then add the cane to your cart.
Custom sizing will not delay your order.
Please note canes cut from their original size will incur a 30% restocking fee if returned.Learn more about sizing
Orders placed before 2:30 PM EST Monday - Friday will ship out same day.
FREE Delivery on orders over $95*, orders less than $95 is a $6 flat fee.
Shipping charges and times for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
Yes, this cane comes with a 18 or 22mm tip.
- SMSteve M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight (inches) 6' 2"Product Standouts Quality, DesignRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoMy favorite cane
My favorite cane. Now I have two. Of course, I broke the first one. Sheer stupidity. Got caught in the barcolounger. Interesting how they all seem to come in slightly different sizes. Had to cut 3/4 inch off the new one. Now it's perfect. Thanks Fashionable Canes folks! (photo: old one/new one)
- KMKen M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight (inches) 5' 11"Product Standouts Quality, Easy to Use, DesignRated 4 out of 5 stars10 months agoHead Turner
Although I have only had my cane for a short period of time, I have had more compliments on it’s appearance. Several people have asked me where I purchased it.
It was delivered to my door again only a few days. The packaging was excellent keeping the cane from any damage during delivery. I would certainly recommend this product and company to anyone who has a need for a cane.
- RPRonald P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight (inches) 5' 11"Product Standouts Quality, Design, Easy to Use, CompatibleRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoRip
- FMFred M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight (inches) 6' 1"Product Standouts Design, QualityRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoAll Good
Everything I wanted it to be.
- SHSusan H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight (inches) 5' 10"Product Standouts Quality, Design, Easy to Use, CompatibleRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoEssence of understated elegance
My husband loves the look and feel of this divine cane