The Able Self Standing Cane Base has a patented stand alone tri-pod base design that provides enhanced mobility and maneuvering over such terrain as sand, pavement, grass, stairs, and gravel. One of the best features of this item is that it it will stand up all on its own, alone by itself without any support. The self standing cane stand stays right in the upright position, so you can have a free hand, or put it down without having to lean it against something. This is extremely convenient and gives you more freedom.
The standing cane base tip measures 4.5" x 5".
- Patented triangular shape for advanced stability
- Keeps your cane standing in an upright position
- Flexible material makes for low impact on wrist
The Fashionable Difference
- Free Same Day Cane Sizing
- 6 Month Limited Warranty*
- Low Prices & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Service w/ Live Phone Support
- 23+ Years in Business
- SKU: 400*16
Cane Sizing Information
For the most accurate cane length measurement, choose 1 of the 3 options below:
Find Your Proper Cane Height and Length for Better Stability
- WE OFFER FREE CANE SIZING WITH ANY ORDER.
- (Canes cut from their original size will incur a 30% restocking fee if returned)
How to Determine Cane Size When Buying a Cane
There are several ways to determine what your cane length should be--even if the user is not available to measure. Choose 1 of these 3 easy methods of cane sizing before placing your order.
1. How to Determine Cane Size When Buying a Cane
Simply take an existing cane, and measure from the lowest part of the top of the handle to the bottom of the tip. Round up to the nearest half inch. (see Diagram A)
2. Measure the Cane User
- Have the user put on their walking shoes.
- User should stand naturally upright as much as possible.
- Let their arms fall to the sides naturally with a normal relaxed bend at the elbow. (see Diagram A for correct posture)
- Using a tape measure or yard stick, measure the distance from their wrist joint (bottom crease at the wrist) down to the floor. Round up to the nearest half inch.
(**For accurate length a second person must read measurement to prevent wrist from moving)
3. Measure Half the Height of the User
If the user is not available or does not have an existing cane, use this method.
Although this works for most cane users it is not always exact. Choose this option at your own risk, and remember a 30% restocking fee applies to all returned cut canes.
Most users cane measurements will be within one inch of half the users height.
- Convert height into inches: Example user height is 5'6" which is 66 inches. 66 divided in half = 33 inches (always round up to the nearest half inch).
- Add half an inch to this measurement to get 33.5 inches.
- After receiving product use step #2 to confirm and change size if needed.
The estimated cane length would be 33.5 inches for the above example.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IN NO WAY REPLACES A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL'S RECOMMENDATION. CANES ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE USED LIKE A CRUTCH FOR FULL WEIGHT SUPPORT, CANES ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR BALANCE.
Sizing is a free courtesy. In most cases, sized canes will ship the same day. Although we strive to cut the cane to the exact requested measurement, cane handle shapes and cane shaft variations will make the cut length vary up to 1/4” in length from requested size. Please keep in mind that most canes can be cut easily at home. Please contact customer service to be sure your cane is able to be custom sized or for more instructions. Please always check the item upon delivery to confirm the requested size. Canes can always be shortened but may not be lengthened. Please note* There are some walking canes that come to us with custom tips that are built into the cane. If these cane's are sized (cut), we cannot replace the original cane tip and will use our standard black rubber cane tip.
Cane Sizing Information
The fashionable difference
As a family-owned business since 1999, we take pride in providing super easy exchanges and returns, ensuring customer satisfaction at every step. With a commitment to delivering high-quality products and unbeatable prices, we strive to create a positive shopping experience for all our valued customers.
6 Month Limited Warranty*
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Customer Service w/ Live Phone Support
Lowest Price Guarantee
Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligible
Are you ready to step out in style?
- Pick Your Perfect Cane
- Unbox Happiness
- Walk With Pride
Join our Fashionable Family and and be a part of our community of style #fashionablecanes
Frequently Asked Questions
- Put on your walking shoes.
- Stand naturally upright as much as possible.
- Let your arms fall to your sides naturally with a normal relaxed bend at the elbow.
- Using a tape measure or yard stick, measure the distance from your wrist joint (bottom crease at the wrist) down to the floor. Round up to the nearest half inch.
Simply check the Free Optional Same Day Custom Sizing check box above the "Add to Cart Now" button and select which length you would like, then add the cane to your cart.
Custom sizing will not delay your order.
Please note canes cut from their original size will incur a 30% restocking fee if returned.Learn more about sizing
Orders placed before 2:30 PM EST Monday - Friday will ship out same day.
FREE Delivery on orders over $95*, orders less than $95 is a $6 flat fee.
Shipping charges and times for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
No, this cane comes without atip.
- AJA. J. Hughes Jr.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 stars11 months agoAble Tripod Cane Base
This base/tip is one of the best devices I’ve ever owned. I have multiple compression fractures in my vertebrae. This tip helps me to distribute my weight at different angles depending upon the distance I have walked and the remaining distance I must walk. I am able to change the angle of the cane relative to my stances which helps me to adjust my gait and move the weight of my body to alternate the pressure of standing and walking among the five badly damaged vertebrae. This is the only tip that allows me to make these adjustments. The tips with four contacts are not as versatile and they exacerbate the pain significantly!
- GPGAYLE P.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productRated 1 stars1 year ago1 Star
- RSRuth S.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productRated 1 stars2 years ago1 Star
Does not fit my custom wood cane I purchased from you many years ago. My mistake
- GBGGma B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoMakes you feel safer using a cane.
It cost almost as much as the cane but it is a stabilizer, easy to pick up the cane should it fall and very sturdy.
- NNicole.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoGreat base
This stand is much sturdier than any that I've seen. It stands great on a flat surface. Another great product from Fashionable Canes.